Underwater Light Show
- Large Clear Container (a vase or pitcher works well)
- Food coloring
- Small bowl
- Fill the container 3/4 full with water.
- In a small bowl, add enough oil to make up the other 1/4 ofspace.
- Add 3-4 drops of each color of food coloring to the oil.
- Stir with the fork so the color breaks up into smaller “balls.”
- Slowly pour the oil + food coloring mixture into the water.
- Watch as the food color balls drop down through the oil and disperse in the water, like an underwater light show.
You can capture this dispersement pattern by adding water and oil to a shallow baking pan along, dropping food coloring into the mix-ture, then laying a piece of paper or a coffee filter on top to dye it.
Share your creations @huntermuseum