JUNIOR CAMP COUNSELOR
Share your love of art by volunteering as a junior counselor for the Hunter Museum! Junior counselors help support elementary aged campers as they create, play, and explore during our weeklong summer art camps. It is a great opportunity to help young minds express their creativity, while earning community service hours.
Camps run Monday through Friday, 9am – 4pm.
Junior counselors must commit to participating in at least one full week of camp activities.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Assist camp instructors as needed
- Help prep and facilitate daily art activities
- Lead campers through the art galleries and sculpture garden
- Help campers explore a wide variety of art mediums and tools
- Maintain a safe environment by keeping classroom clean and organized
- Assist and lead outdoor activities
- Must be 13-17 at the time of application
- Comfortable working with children
- Available to volunteer during one full week of camp. Teens have the option of exclusively working the morning or afternoon sessions of camp.
Applicants will be interviewed virtually by museum staff before the start of camp.
To apply, please complete this application.
For questions or concerns contact Athena Buxton, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 423.752.0999.
2024 TEEN ART SHOW
Calling all teens and tweens! The Hunter Museum is looking for art that explores the theme “Technology and Me.” All youth who meet the requirements are welcome to apply. Each artist can only submit one artwork. The deadline to apply is January 12, 2024, at 5pm. All accepted artists will be notified by January 17, 2024, and all accepted artworks will be on view at the Hunter Museum from February 1- 23, 2024. Special recognition and prizes will be awarded to notable entries.
- Must be 11-19 years old to participate.
- Must currently reside in Tennessee, Georgia or Alabama.
- Must be able to deliver your artwork to the museum between January 24 – January 28, 2024.
- Must be a 2D visual artwork, film, fiber art, photograph or literary work. No 3D artworks will be accepted.
- 2D artwork cannot exceed 3ft by 2ft including the frame and/or mat.
- Must be matted or framed (please email@example.com if your artwork cannot be matted).
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Visit us in person or enjoy #VirtualHunter online, any time. Create, explore, and experience with us
Standing in SolidarityWe are standing with Black Lives Matter and the fight for equality and justice.
Create and PlayEnjoy art activities, puzzles, coloring pages, and Zoom backgrounds inspired by art from the collection.
ExploreGet art smart with articles, videos, lectures, and explore the Hunter’s permanent collection online.
Generous support for projects by: