AVAILABILITY & DETAILS
- Evening availability Monday through Wednesday; Friday through Sunday
- Daytime rental available Monday through Friday in the Auditorium
- Saturday rentals from March through October require the rental of all spaces
- Evening events may begin at 6 pm, 6:30 pm, or 7 pm for a four-hour rental. An additional rental hour may be added for $500.
- Daytime events should conclude no later than 5 pm
- One hour for set up and one hour for break down is included in rental fee
- Corporate & Non-profit discounts are available
- A date can be placed on hold for 10 business days, or until we receive another inquiry, without a deposit. All contracts are due with a retainer of 50% of the rental fee within 10 business days of the issue date. The retainer fee is non-refundable and non-transferable. All contracts should be reviewed and signed in person when possible.
- Clients must provide a Certificate of Insurance (COI) with a minimum coverage of $1,000,000 for all events. Renter is liable for any damages or injury to property or guests.
- Catering, linens, floral, and decor must be provided by approved vendors. All event details are subject to approval.
- The Museum does not allow the use of candles, matches, ferns, balloons, glitter, confetti, rice, loose petals, sparklers, paper lanterns, fountains, feather boas, or artificial snow. Clients may not attach any decor to museum walls.
- Alcoholic beverages and bartending services must be provided through the Museum only. See alcohol guidelines for further information.
- Food, beverage and photography are not allow in the galleries.
- The Museum is a smoke-free environment for both indoor space and outdoor terraces. Smoking is allowed in designated areas only.
- Renters may not display, sell, give away, or auction art work of any type. Items included as part of a fundraising event must be pre-approved.
- On occasion, events may have large/heavy equipment needs/setup (staging, tents, etc.). In the event that such equipment is not needed for the next day’s client, you may be charged additional fees from your purveyor for removal of equipment before the next event.
- The Hunter Museum has a parking lot located on-site that can be used for your event. In that lot we can guarantee you 18 parking spaces. Some spaces will need to be used for your vendors and staff.
- Valet service is not provided through the Hunter Museum but can be rented through Chattanooga Valet at 423.314.2582. Valet can only come to the outer round-a-bout. Front door Valet service is $350 charged to the client to protect our property and the sculptures on property.
- Clients may also shuttle guests to the outer round-a-bout.
- High Street has “on street” parking available, but please do not park in Bluff View’s parking lots.
- The Houston Museum (located next door) has 20 parking spaces, and it is a pay per use lot.
- Republic Parking has also acquired the old Unum lot on Walnut and 3rd street. It holds about 117 spaces and can be rented by calling 423.265.3218.
- For your guest invitations or for hotel bags we recommend you provide some instructions as to parking. If you decide to use tickets for your guest in the Museum’s lot please:
- Limit the amount distributed to 18 tickets.
- The tickets can be simple, but they need to say parking ticket, give directions to our lot, and let the guest know it is required to have the ticket to park in our lot.
- Provide a ticket to the Museum before the event as example of what the attendant should be receiving.
- Museum staff will manage the lot for one hour before your event or until the parking lot is full.
- If you decide to issue tickets, Hunter Event staff requires 30 days’ notice, a copy of the ticket, and a list of the individuals receiving tickets (car description is a big plus). In addition we encourage you to give directions to all other guests, directing them to another parking location to save staff from turning away other guests. Guests without a ticket will be directed away from our lot.
The Museum’s alcoholic beverage license requires us to (a) request a valid photo identification of any person who appears to the bartenders to be under the legal drinking age, and (b) refuse alcoholic beverage service without photo ID, if underage, or appears heavily intoxicated.
Alcohol is charged based on consumption, per drink, with the exception of champagne or sparkling. Our standard pour is 1 ¼ ounce for liquor and, 5 ounces for wine. Under no circumstances will we provide double pours or multiple drinks to guests per visit to the bar. Guests may never serve themselves and last call is always 30 minutes before the event ends.
Alcohol may not be donated by any vendor or third party for private events. Alcohol may be donated for non-profit events only, with an approved 501c3 and proof of a special event permit issued by the TABC Board.
STAFFING + BARTENDERS
GLASSWARE + LINENS
- The Museum owns stemless wine and champagne glasses as well as rocks glasses for guest counts under 300. For guest counts greater than 300 we recommend you rent glassware or use disposables. Real glassware is not allowed for rentals on our River Terrace, disposable only.
- The Museum provides black linens for all bars at no charge to the client. In the case the client would prefer another color they may rent, but the Museum is not responsible for the cost or the action of renting the linen.
- HOST BAR The Client is responsible for the entire bar bill following the event in addition to the bartender fee.
- CASH BAR The Client is responsible for the bartender fee, but guests pay for their own beverages. The Museum does not hold open tabs for guests.
- TICKETED BAR The Client is responsible for the bartender fee as well as the drinks served with a ticket. After guests use ticket, the bar can then become a cash bar.
- HOUSE Tito’s Vodka / Chattanooga Whiskey / New Amsterdam Gin / Dewar’s Scotch / Captain Morgan Rum
- PREMIUM Ketel One Vodka / Maker’s Mark Whiskey / Bombay Sapphire Gin / Glenmorangie Scotch / Bacardi Rum
- SELECT Ask about current options
- HOUSE Bud Light / Miller Lite / Yuengling Lager
- PREMIUM Stella Artois / Hutton + Smith Blonde / Hutton + Smith IPA
- SPECIALTY Additional product is available for special order given enough notice. Please ask you Event Manager for availability + pricing.
- HOUSE Natura Chardonnay / Natura Sauvignon Blanc / Natura Rose / Natura Pinot Noir / Natura Cabernet Sauvignon
- PREMIUM Josh Chardonnay / Josh Sauvignon Blanc / Josh Cabernet Sauvignon / Josh Pinot Noir
- SPARKLING La Marca Prosecco / Louis Vallon Pinot Noir Brut Rose
SODAS + MIXERS
- SODAS Coke / Diet Coke / Sprite / Ginger Ale
- MIXERS Soda Water / Orange Juice / Cranberry Juice / Tonic Water
Only served when liquor is available