2021 Summer REQUIRED FORMS AND DOCUMENTS
Museum Manners and Camper Responsibilities
veryone at the Hunter Museum is looking forward to spending a fun, creative time with you this summer. Here is information to prepare you for your camp experience. The majority of activities, including lunch, will take place outside. Masks will be required at all times, outside and in the museum, except when eating.
A typical camp day:
|9 a.m.||Check your camper in with the camp counselor. Camp counselors may be in the museum lobby or out on the museum sculpture plaza at the front of the museum. You may park in the museum lot while dropping off your camper.|
|9 a.m. – 12 p.m.||Art making and other activities|
|10:30 a.m.||Campers are provided with an individually wrapped, peanut free snack and juice or water.|
|12 p.m. – 1 p.m.||Campers go to lunch with instructors and counselors. If the weather is nice campers will have lunch and play games in a local park. The Hunter Museum does not provide lunch to campers.|
|1 p.m. – 4 p.m.||Art making and other activities|
|2:30 p.m.||Campers are provided with an individually wrapped, peanut free snack and juice or water.|
|4 p.m.||Please pick up at the front of the museum (in the 24 hour terrance to the left of the main entrance if raining) and ensure that they are checked-out with a camp counselor.|
* Call the museum immediately if your child is going to be late or absent from camp.
CAMPERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE FOLLOWING THINGS:
Please plan to pack a wearable backpack with the following items for your camper:
- PACK A BAGGED LUNCH
Lunch is not provided by the Museum. Please make sure your camper has a beverage and a bagged lunch each day. We will provide snacks and drinks for the campers before and after lunch. Also keep in mind that we are a peanut-free camp so please be sure not to send any peanuts, peanut butter or other peanut-related food with your child.
- BRING A REFILLABLE WATER BOTTLE
We want everyone to stay healthy and hydrated throughout camp!
- WEAR COMFORTABLE CLOTHES AND SHOES
Dress for the weather and always be prepared for walking around, inside and outside, the Museum. We will be working with a variety of materials, so wear art project clothes you will not mind getting messy!
- APPLY SUNSCREEN BEFORE LEAVING THE HOUSE and pack
extra sunscreen to reapply later in the day. We will be outside as much as possible!
- PACK A CHANGE OF CLOTHES & TOWEL in case you get wet while playing or dirty from art materials.
- By being aware of your body (no touching art or others), your voice (volume control and thoughtful words), and the space (appropriate behavior, following expectations for using materials and cleaning up) everyone will enjoy their experience at camp!
- IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO LISTEN TO YOUR INSTRUCTORS
We want you to feel safe and have fun at camp! Listen to instructions and be respectful of the space you are in and others around you.
- Campers who are not following the Museum Manners listed above will have their parent or guardian notified at pick up.
- If their behavior is or dangerous to them or to other camp participants, the instructor reserves the right to call the parent or guardian immediately and ask the camper to sit out of the activity or be picked up early from camp.
- All campers will be given the opportunity to change their behavior with a warning before any further discipline is made. Refusal or inability to change behavior can lead to a removal from the duration of camp with no refunds.